The Fact News Service
Chandigarh, December 7
There was a wave of happiness among the party leaders and workers of Punjab on the resounding victory of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) elections. AAP workers gathered at the party headquarters in Chandigarh and distributed sweets and wished each other for the victory.
Punjab cabinet ministers Brahm Shankar Jimpa, Chetan Singh Jauramajra, Lalchand Kataruchak, Harbhajan Singh ETO and Laljit Bhullar celebrated and shared the joy of victory by dancing on the beats of Dhol with party leaders and workers.
Talking to reporters, AAP leaders said that people across the country are admiring the working style of the Aam Aadmi Party. The people of the country are now fed up with the politics of BJP-Congress. People are now looking at AAP as an alternative for change. That is why the Party is continuously registering big victories in different elections across the country.
Out of total 250 seats in Delhi MCD elections, Aam Aadmi Party has won 134 seats, Bharatiya Janata Party 104 and Congress Party 9 seats. At the same time, 3 independent candidates have also won. The party was required 126 seats for a majority.
The Aam Aadmi Party remained at the top in terms of vote share as well. The party got around 16% more votes as against 26% in 2017 elections. The party got a total of 42 percent votes this time against 39% for BJP and 12 percent for Congress.
Compared to the last election, the BJP has suffered a huge loss this time and has lost about 80 seats. Last time BJP made its mayor by winning 181 seats and this time it could get only 104 seats. The Congress party could not even touch the double digit this time. Only 9 councilors of Congress could win the election.