The Fact News Service
Chandigarh, June 8
The Office of the Deputy Commissioner, U.T. Chandigarh, in pursuance of the Notification issued by the Chandigarh Administration, has implemented the Chandigarh Anand Marriage Registration Rules 2018, on 15.03.2023, for registration of marriage under Anand Marriage Act 1909.
Iqbal Singh Lalpuria, Chairman of National Commission for Minorities, Government of India had visited Chandigarh on 22.02.2023 and discussions were held with the Senior Officers of Chandigarh Administration regarding the Chandigarh Anand Marriage Registration Rules 2018. The meeting/discussion had a fruitful outcome and led to the implementation of the rules w.e.f. 15.03.2023.
Henceforth all the marriages performed as per Sikh rituals in Chandigarh can be registered under the Anand Marriage Act 1909. Moreover, the residents of Chandigarh can also apply under the Act if the marriage has been performed as per Sikh Rituals. At present, the applicants can apply for registration of marriage under the Anand Marriage Act in offline mode after collecting the application form from the Marriage Branch (Window No. 5), Ground Floor, Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Sector-17, Chandigarh and submit their applications along with following necessary documents:
- Identity Proof of Groom and Bride.
- Age Proof of Groom and Bride.
- Certificate of Marriage from Gurudwara Sahib
- Identity Proofs of Two Witnesses.
- Photographs of the solemnization of marriage along with photographs of witnesses attending the marriage.
- Affidavit regarding delay of registration of marriage in cases of registration being done after 90 days of Marriage.
- Fiver Passport Sixed Photographs of Married Couple (Joint).
The online portal already in force for granting Marriage Certificate to applicants applying under Chandigarh Compulsory Marriage Registration Rules 2012 shall be modified to allow applicants applying under the Anand Marriage Act to avail of the online services.