Breaking News

April 22, 2024 10:51 am

Over 200 affected people rescued so far in Jalandhar: DC Sarangal

Published by: PreetiMahajan
The Fact News Service
Jalandhar, July 11

Deputy Commissioner Vishesh Sarangal said that the district administration has so far rescued around 200 people safely during rescue operations and all these people have been shifted to relief camps.

Taking stock of the situation during his visits in the field, the DC said that Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann led state government was committed to ensuring the safety of people from flood-like situation.

He further mentioned that all the rescued people have been shifted to relief centers where all the necessary facilities were being provided to them.

The deputy commissioner further stated that the situation is completely under control in the district and officers were camping in flood-prone areas to keep a close tab over the entire operation.

The DC said that a large number of sandbags have been prepared in Nakodar, Phillaur, Shahkot and Lohian blocks so that they can be used to plug breaches and curtail erosion.

He also said that the medical teams have been deployed in the field which were serving the medical facilities in the affected areas adding that teams of NDRF, Army and SDRF were also deployed to carry out rescue operations in a coordinated manner.

Leave a comment



Download The App

  • apple icon
  • andriod icon