The Fact News Service

Woman, 4 children found dead in Delhi home, kept stove on for heat

New Delhi, January 20

A 30-year-old woman and her four children died after allegedly inhaling toxic smoke from an ‘angithi‘ (stove) kept in their room in Shahdara’s Seemapuri area on Wednesday, police said.

According to police, a PCR call was received at around 1.30 pm regarding four to five people lying unconscious in a room on the fifth floor of a house in Old Seemapuri.

Upon reaching there, the woman and three of her kids were found dead while the fourth and the youngest one was taken to a hospital but declared dead by doctors, a senior police officer said.