Chandigarh

Terrible fire in pet shop in Zirakpur, fish worth Rs 1 lakh burnt alive along with birds

The Fact News Service
Chandigarh, June 7
A sudden fire broke out in a pet shop located near Unicity Society at Zirakpur-Panchkula Light Point late in the night. In this accident, where goods worth lakhs of rupees lying in the shop were burnt to ashes, while many birds and fish were also burnt alive. These include a fish worth one lakh rupees. The owner of the shop, Sandeep resident of Preet Colony Zirakpur told that there were goods worth about 15 to 16 lakh rupees in the shop, which have been burnt to ashes. He got a call from the hotel staff near the shop at 2 pm that the shop had caught fire. When he reached the spot, he saw that there was a lot of fire there. He said that efforts were made to douse the fire but the short circuit was happening so much that the fire was spreading rapidly. People informed the fire brigade. By the time the fire brigade’s vehicle extinguished the fire, everything lying in the shop had been burnt.

More from this section