The Fact News Service
Jalandhar, June 2
The Punjab People’s Forum, an organization of Punjab intellectuals, has submitted a memorandum to the President against the ongoing political violence in West Bengal.
A delegation of Punjab People’s Forum led by retired President Major General Suresh Khajuria called on Punjab Governor V.P. the memorandum was handed over to the President of India through Singh Badnor. The memorandum has been signed by 620 eminent intellectuals of Punjab.
Among them are Padma, former Army General, former and current members of Parliament, religious leaders, eminent social personalities, doctors, educators, former and current Vice Chancellor, lawyers, businessmen, prominent farmers, women thinkers, former administrative officers and social workers. Including The delegation included General Secretary of the Forum Jaswinder Singh Lalli, Minister Navneet Kaur and Dr. Virender Garg was present.
The forum informed about the anger and resentment of Punjab intellectuals against the ongoing political violence in West Bengal and asked the President to intervene through a memorandum and take the following concrete steps.
1. Stop violence immediately.
2. Those responsible for the violence should be punished.
3. Provide protection to the victims of violence as well as their due compensation.
4. In view of the failure of the local police, appropriate action should be taken against them.
5. Ensure safe resettlement and secure future of the victims.