The Fact News Service
Chandigarh, October 12
In the meeting of the Committee constituted by the Dean of University Instruction to discuss the reopening of University held on 6.8.2021 at 2.00 p.m., it was decided that the University will open for the students in the phased manner. After reviewing the situation, it has been decided that:
1. University Institute of Engineering & Technology and Centre for System Biology & Bioinformatics (UIEAST), Panjab University, Chandigarh will be opened for eligible postgraduate students of final year w.e.f. 18.10.2021. Since we have limited accommodation in the hostel (single accommodation rule due to corona), therefore, limited students will be allowed to stay in the hostels with the following conditions:
a. Consent from parents mentioning that their ward will follow all the SOPs/directions issued by the Government of India and University from time to time.
b. To submit an undertaking through the Chairperson of the Department that if the situation demands, they will vacate the hostel and leave the University accommodation.
c. Students must have received both doses of vaccines with a negative COVID-19 RT PCR test report not older than 72 hours of reporting in the hostel for accommodation.
d. While recommending the application for hostel seekers, take care that for the time being single accommodation will be provided and as and when the situation will be normal, rooms will be allotted as per previous practice on merit basis.
2. In view of the government’s direction, single room accommodation will be provided to the students. Therefore, it may not be possible to provide hostel accommodation to all hostel seekers.
3. Facilities of shops (barber/beauty parlour, tailor, tuck-shops, washer man/washer woman etc.) in PU Hostels will not be provided till further orders.
4. Guests/visitors entry will not be allowed in PU Hostels till further orders.
5. In the next phase, other Departments of University will be opened after reviewing the situation.