Punjab & Region

Moga facing shortage of bardana claims district food supply controller Cheema

Spread the love

Vipan Okara

Moga, November 1

The halt in the movement of good trains has created a major crisis in the ongoing procurement of paddy and storage of new foodgrains in the state. This could be a major blow to the state’s economy and farmers. Due to the non-operation of good trains, the work of lifting wheat from the rice shellers has almost come to a standstill.

Like other districts, Moga district is also facing a shortage of bardana (bails). Disclosing this here today, District Food and Supply Controller Sartaj Singh Cheema said that this time in Moga district 13 lakh metric tonnes of paddy is likely to be procured out of which 8 lakh metric tonnes of paddy has already been procured. But now there is a shortage of bardana to handle this paddy. He said that under procurement arrangements 30% of the bardana was provided by the government while the remaining 70% was arranged by the sheller owners.

He said that the bardana coming to Punjab was coming from Kolkata which was not coming due to stoppage of trains. Some of the bardana, which was being brought by road, is also stopped at Faridabad (Haryana). If the bardana does not arrive in the next few days, the procurement process in Moga like other districts may come to a standstill. He assured that efforts were being made by the Punjab Government to address this problem and hoped that the efforts of the Punjab Government would bear fruit.

The District Food and Supply Controller said that with the suspension of train services, it was becoming very difficult to send wheat to the other states. There are old wheat stocks in the shellers due to lack of special. If the trains had not stopped, these shellers would have been empty by now but this time it has not happened yet. It is very important to run trains to send this wheat to other states.

[supsystic-social-sharing id="1"]
judi online bonanza88 slot baccarat online slot idn live situs idn poker judi bola tangkas88  dolar138 pragmatic play sbobet slot dana casino online idn pokerseri joker123  sbobet88 roma77 ligasedayu nuke gaming slot cuan138